Article - Health - General
(a) (1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, at least twice a year, the Secretary shall convene a meeting of stakeholders, including:
(i) Representatives of:
1. The Maryland Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities;
2. The Maryland Patient Safety Center;
3. The Maryland Healthy Start Program;
4. Women’s health advocacy organizations;
5. Community organizations engaged in maternal health and family support issues;
6. Local health departments; and
7. Health care providers that provide maternal health services; and
(ii) 1. Families of women who have experienced a near maternal death, a high–risk pregnancy, other challenges during pregnancy, or a maternal death; or
2. Women who have experienced a near maternal death, a high–risk pregnancy, or other challenges during pregnancy.
(2) To the extent practicable, the stakeholders convened in accordance with paragraph (1) of this subsection shall reflect the racial and ethnic diversity of women most impacted by maternal deaths in the State.
(b) Of the two meetings required under subsection (a) of this section:
(1) One meeting shall be held within 90 days after submission of the report required under § 13–1212 of this subtitle to:
(i) Review the findings and recommendations in the report;
(ii) Examine issues resulting in disparities in maternal deaths;
(iii) Review the status of implementation of previous recommendations; and
(iv) Identify new recommendations with a focus on initiatives to address issues resulting in disparities in maternal deaths; and
(2) One meeting shall be held within 6 months after the meeting held under item (1) of this subsection to review the status of implementation of previous recommendations and consider any new information that may be relevant for the identification of additional recommendations.