Article - Health - General
(a) In this section, “Central Repository” means the Criminal Justice Information System Central Repository of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
(b) As part of an application to the Central Repository for a State and national criminal history records check, an applicant shall submit to the Central Repository:
(1) Two complete sets of legible fingerprints taken on forms approved by the Director of the Central Repository and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
(2) The fee authorized under § 10–221(b)(7) of the Criminal Procedure Article for access to State criminal history records; and
(3) The processing fee required by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history records check.
(c) In accordance with §§ 10–201 through 10–228 of the Criminal Procedure Article, the Central Repository shall forward to the Commission and to the applicant the criminal history record information of the applicant.
(d) If an applicant has made two or more unsuccessful attempts at securing legible fingerprints, the Commission may accept an alternate method of a criminal history records check as permitted by the Director of the Central Repository and the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(e) Information obtained from the Central Repository under this section shall be:
(1) Confidential and may not be redisseminated; and
(2) Used only for the registration purpose authorized by this subtitle.
(f) The subject of a criminal history records check under this section may contest the contents of the printed statement issued by the Central Repository, as provided in § 10–223 of the Criminal Procedure Article.