Article - Health - General
(a) The Department of Human Services shall cooperate with and assist the Maryland Department of Health in carrying out the purposes of this subtitle.
(b) The Maryland Department of Health shall:
(1) Provide the guidance and means for establishing day care centers for adults in accordance with this subtitle;
(2) Recruit and encourage the establishment of day care centers for adults;
(3) Provide for licensing of day care centers for adults; and
(4) Adopt and enforce rules and regulations that set the standards necessary for the welfare and safety of medically handicapped adults who receive care in these day care centers for adults.
(c) (1) The Maryland Department of Health shall buy from any public or private agency the day care services for medically handicapped adults that are necessary and essential to enhance their well–being.
(2) These services shall include:
(i) Therapeutic arts and crafts;
(ii) Community excursions, if appropriate;
(iii) Hobby cultivation;
(iv) Health services;
(v) Counseling services for medically handicapped adults and their families;
(vi) Group dynamics; and
(vii) Other services that enhance social functioning and develop activities in daily living and personal independence.