Article - Health - General
(a) The Council shall develop policy recommendations to improve the health and educational outcomes of students who receive services from school–based health centers by:
(1) Supporting local community efforts to establish or expand school–based health center capacity in primary care, behavioral health, and oral health;
(2) Integrating school–based health centers into existing and emerging patient–centered models of care;
(3) Promoting the inclusion of school–based health centers in networks of managed care organizations and commercial health insurance carriers;
(4) Advancing the public health goals of State and local health officials;
(5) Promoting the inclusion of school–based health centers into networks of school health services and coordinated student service models for the range of services offered in school settings;
(6) Supporting State and local initiatives to promote student success;
(7) Reviewing and revising best practice guidelines; and
(8) Supporting the long–term sustainability of school–based health centers.
(b) The Council shall review the collection and analysis of school–based health center data collected by the State Department of Education to:
(1) Make recommendations on best practices for the collection and analysis of the data; and
(2) Provide guidance on the development of findings and recommendations based on the data.
(c) The Council shall conduct other activities the Council considers appropriate to meet the purpose of the Council.
(d) On or before December 31 of each year, the Council shall report the findings and recommendations of the Council to the Maryland Department of Health, the State Department of Education, the Commission, and, in accordance with § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly on improving the health and educational outcomes of students who receive services from school–based health centers.