Article - Health Occupations
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Practice osteopathy” means to treat a disease or ailment of the human body by manipulation.
(3) “Restricted license” means a license issued by the Board to practice osteopathy.
(b) The Board shall issue a restricted license only to an applicant who:
(1) Was licensed to practice osteopathy in this State or in another state on June 30, 1980;
(2) Is licensed to practice osteopathy in this State or in another state on the date that the application for a restricted license is submitted to the Board;
(3) Submits an application to the Board on the form that the Board requires;
(4) Pays to the Board the restricted license fee set by the Board; and
(5) Meets any other requirement set by the Board.
(c) A restricted license authorizes the license holder to practice osteopathy while the restricted license is effective.
(d) The term and renewal of a restricted license shall be as provided for a license under § 14-316 of this subtitle.
(e) (1) Subject to the requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act, the Board on the affirmative vote of a majority of its quorum, may reprimand a restricted license holder, may place any restricted license holder on probation, or suspend or revoke a restricted license for any of the grounds for Board action under § 14-404 of this title.
(2) The Board may only dismiss a case against a restricted license holder on the affirmative vote of a majority of its quorum.