Article - Health Occupations
(a) To qualify for a license, an applicant shall be an individual who meets the requirements of this section.
(b) The applicant shall:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Be at least 18 years old; and
(3) Submit to a criminal history records check in accordance with § 14–308.1 of this title.
(c) The applicant shall:
(1) Have a current certification by a national certifying board approved by the Board;
(2) Have received a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an athletic training educational program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education or its successor;
(3) Demonstrate oral and written competency in English as required by the Board; and
(4) Meet any other requirements established by the Board.
(d) The Board shall waive the education requirements under this section if an individual was certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification, Inc., on or before October 1, 2012, and is currently in good standing.