Article - Housing and Community Development
(a) There is an Interagency Food Desert Advisory Committee.
(b) The Committee consists of the following seven members:
(1) the Secretary, or the Secretary’s designee;
(2) the Secretary of Agriculture, or the Secretary’s designee;
(3) the Secretary of Planning, or the Secretary’s designee;
(4) the Secretary of Health, or the Secretary’s designee;
(5) the Secretary of Human Services, or the Secretary’s designee;
(6) the Secretary of Commerce, or the Secretary’s designee; and
(7) the Secretary of Education, or the Secretary’s designee.
(c) The Secretary or the Secretary’s designee is the chair of the Committee.
(d) The Department shall provide staff for the Committee.
(e) The Committee shall:
(1) advise and make recommendations to the Department on the development and adoption of regulations related to food deserts projects;
(2) make recommendations to the Secretary on applications for designating an area as a food desert; and
(3) make recommendations for interagency coordination to reduce the number of food deserts and promote healthy food access for Maryland neighborhoods.