Article - Public Utilities
(a) To enforce this subtitle, the Authority may:
(1) hear complaints for violations of this subtitle;
(2) after a hearing, assess a civil penalty under § 12–135 of this subtitle; and
(3) reach a settlement instead of assessing a civil penalty.
(b) (1) The Authority may:
(i) establish reasonable complaint filing fees and administrative fees for complaints heard by the Authority; and
(ii) use the services of a third party to collect civil penalties.
(2) If the Authority determines that an individual cannot afford to pay a fee established under paragraph (1)(i) of this subsection, the Authority may exempt the individual wholly or partly from the fee.
(c) The Authority may not assess a civil penalty against a person unless the person:
(1) receives reasonable prior notice of the complaint; and
(2) has an opportunity to be heard under § 12–113 of this subtitle.