Article - Public Utilities
(a) On or before July 1, 2001, the Commission shall adopt consumer protection orders or regulations for gas suppliers that:
(1) protect consumers from discriminatory, unfair, deceptive, and anticompetitive acts and practices in the marketing, selling, or distributing of natural gas;
(2) provide for contracting, enrollment, and billing practices and procedures; and
(3) the Commission considers necessary to protect the consumer.
(b) In adopting orders and regulations under this section, unless the Commission determines that the circumstances do not require consistency, the Commission shall:
(1) provide customers with protections consistent with applicable protections provided to retail electric customers; and
(2) impose appropriate requirements on gas suppliers that are consistent with applicable requirements imposed on electricity suppliers.