Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) (1) This title applies to an employee of an employer for the duration of a contract subject to this title if at least one–half of the employee’s time during any workweek relates to a State contract for services or a subcontract for services under a State contract.
(2) This title does not apply to an employee of an employer if the employee:
(i) is 17 years of age or younger for the duration of a contract subject to this title; or
(ii) works less than 13 consecutive weeks for the duration of a contract subject to this title and during that period works full time.
(b) This title does not apply to a contract:
(1) for services needed immediately to prevent or respond to an imminent threat to public health or safety;
(2) with a public service company;
(3) with a nonprofit organization;
(4) between units; or
(5) between a unit and a county or Baltimore City.
(c) If the unit responsible for a State contract determines that application of this title would conflict with any applicable federal program requirement, this title does not apply to the contract or program.
(d) The head of the unit responsible for a State contract subject to this title shall determine if contract services valued at 50% or more of the total value of the contract will be performed in the Tier 1 area or the Tier 2 area and shall provide that determination on the invitation for a bid.