Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) Except as provided in § 4-409 of this subtitle, this subtitle does not apply to any public improvement made by:
(1) the Department of Transportation or a unit in that Department;
(2) any housing authority created under Division II of the Housing and Community Development Article;
(3) the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission;
(4) the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission;
(5) the Baltimore County Metropolitan District;
(6) a county, municipal corporation, or unit of a county or municipal corporation;
(7) the University System of Maryland;
(8) Morgan State University; or
(9) St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
(b) The Board of Public Works may exempt specific projects of a unit of the State government from the provisions of this subtitle.
(c) The Board of Public Works shall adopt regulations in accordance with Title 10, Subtitle 1 of the State Government Article establishing procedures for the exemption of specific projects of units of State government under subsection (b) of this section.