Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Banking institution” means an institution that is incorporated under the laws of the State as a State bank, trust company, or savings bank.
(c) “Collateral” means collateral that is listed under § 6–202 of this subtitle.
(d) “Deposit insurance” means insurance by:
(1) the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; or
(2) the Resolution Trust Corporation created under § 21A of the Federal Home Loan Bank Act (12 U.S.C. § 1441a.).
(e) “Financial institution” means:
(1) any banking institution;
(2) any national banking association;
(3) an institution that is incorporated under the laws of any other state as a bank; and
(4) an institution that is incorporated under the laws of this State or of the United States as a savings and loan association.
(f) “National banking association” means an institution that is incorporated under federal law as a bank.
(g) “State money” for purposes of §§ 6–209 and 6–210 of this subtitle includes money in a bank account maintained under the control of an employee or official of the clerk of the court or register of wills.