Article - State Personnel and Pensions
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Domestic relations order” means an order issued in accordance with § 21–502(a)(2) of this title, § 414(p) of the Internal Revenue Code, and regulations adopted by the Board of Trustees that assigns a benefit to a spouse, former spouse, child, or other dependent of a public employee in connection with a decree or order of alimony, child support, or divorce.
(c) “Final adjudication” means adjudication by a trial court resulting in final disposition of all charges that constitute a qualifying crime.
(d) “Public employee” means an individual who:
(1) is employed in a position listed in § 21–702 of this subtitle; and
(2) has been charged with a qualifying crime.
(e) “Qualifying crime” means a felony:
(1) that is committed in the course of a public employee’s duties and responsibilities;
(2) that is committed through the use of the public employee’s authority derived from the position of employment; and
(3) the commission of which results in, or is attempted to result in, gain, profit, or advantage for the public employee.