Article - Transportation
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Fleet” means 10 or more vehicles.
(3) “Qualified owner” means a person, partnership, firm, or corporation, or an individual agent of a person, partnership, firm, or corporation, authorized by the Administration to transmit electronically proper titling and registration information and fees to the Administration.
(4) “Service provider” means a dealer or title service agent licensed under Title 15 of this article or a qualified owner of a fleet.
(b) Subject to the approval of the Administration, a service provider may:
(1) Issue permanent registration plates to the transferee or renew the registration of a vehicle if the service provider has electronically transmitted the proper titling and registration information to the Administration, or an agent designated by the Administration; and
(2) Charge the transferee or the registered owner of the vehicle a fee for the actual cost to the service provider of the electronic transmission service described in item (1) of this subsection.
(c) The Administration shall adopt regulations to:
(1) Govern the electronic transmission of titling and registration information authorized under this section; and
(2) Determine the appropriate level of the fee that may be charged by service providers for the electronic transmission service.