Article - Transportation
(a) (1) On due notice to the judgment creditor, a judgment debtor may apply to the court that rendered the judgment for the privilege of paying the judgment in installments.
(2) In its discretion, the court may order payment of the judgment in installments and may set and modify from time to time the amounts and times of the installment payments.
(3) A judgment debtor may continue to make payments under an installment plan as long as the installment payments are not in default.
(b) (1) Except as provided for in subsection (c) of this section, after default and on due notice to the judgment creditor, if past–due installments have been paid, the judgment debtor again may apply to the court that allowed the installment payments for the resumption of the privilege of installment payments.
(2) In its discretion, the court may order resumption of the installment payments as provided in subsection (a) of this section.
(c) A judgment debtor under Title 20, Subtitle 6 of the Insurance Article who has been in default at least 3 times under subsection (a)(3) of this section may not resume the privilege of installment payments unless:
(1) The Fund receives payment in an amount satisfactory to the Fund; and
(2) The Fund consents to the resumption of installment payments.
(d) The actions of a court under this section are without prejudice to any other legal remedy of the judgment creditor.