Delegate Keith E. Haynes
- Baltimore City
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Appropriations Committee
- Annapolis Info
362 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3801 | 301-858-3801
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3801
Fax 410-841-3530 | 301-858-3530
- 362 House Office Building
- Interim Info
300 West Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
- 300 West Pratt Street
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2002. Member of the House January 8, 2003 to January 14, 2015, representing District 44, Baltimore City. Representing District 44B, Baltimore City, beginning January 14, 2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2019 Deputy Majority Leader
- 2003- Appropriations Committee
- 2015 Chair, Public Safety and Administration Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2013- Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2007- Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee
- 2007- Joint Committee on Pensions
- 2019 Joint Audit and Evaluation Committee
- 2003- Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc.
- 2007 Vice Chair, Baltimore City Delegation (Member 2007)
- Past House Service
- Deputy Majority Whip, 2011-2019, 2006-2008; Assistant Majority Leader, 2015-2019; Paycheck Recovery Commission, 2016-2017; Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2007-2011; Vice Chair, Health and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2007-2014; Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR), 2007-2015; Oversight Committee on Personnel of the Appropriations Committee, 2004-2006; Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003; Health Facilities, Equipment and Products Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003; Health Insurance Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003; Government Operations Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003; Joint Committee on Welfare Reform, 2012-2014; Joint Audit Committee, 2007-2019.
- Public Service
- Task Force to Study the Restraint, Searches and Needs of Children in the Juvenile Justice System, 2016-2017; Chair, Fiscal Subcommittee, Baltimore City Delegation, 2007-.
- College Bound Foundation Lawyers Campaign Executive Committee, 2000-2002; Board of Directors, Baltimore City Citywide Law and Protected Services Academy, 1999-; Black Mental Health Alliance, 1999-; Board of Governors, University of Baltimore Alumni Association, 1998-; American Bar Association, 1993-; Federal Bar Association (Board of Directors, DC Chapter, 2001-02), 1993-; National Bar Association (Board of Directors, Young Lawyers' Division, 1994-95), 1993-; Maryland State Bar Association (Litigation Law Section; Nominating Committee, 1994-95; Young Lawyers' Committee, 1994-95), 1993-; Baltimore City Bar Association (Judiciary Committee, 1994-99; Judicial Administration Committee, 1994-99), 1993-; Monumental City Bar Association, 1993-; Maryland Association for Justice (formerly Maryland Trial Lawyers Association), 1993-; American Trial Lawyers' Association, 1993-; Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International, 1990-; National Association of Public Administrators, 1986-1988; Council of Minority Public Administrators, 1986-1988.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Shelby, North Carolina, February 15, 1963; North Carolina State University, B.A., Political Science, 1985; North Carolina Central University, M.P.A, cum laude, Fellows Program, 1988; University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., 1991; Senior Attorney, Law Offices of Peter G. Angelos, P.C..
Last Updated: 1/22/2020 5:21 PM