Senator Andrew A. Serafini
- Committee Assignment(s)
Budget and Taxation Committee
- Budget and Taxation Committee
- Annapolis Info
321 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3903 | 301-858-3903
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3903
- 321 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
P.O. Box 454
Williamsport, MD 21795
- Phone 301-223-4188
- P.O. Box 454
Denotes enacted legislation
- Appointed to the Maryland House of Delegates and sworn in on March 7, 2008. Member of the House 2008-2015. resigned from the House on February 2, 2015. Appointed to the Senate and sworn in on February 2, 2015. Elected to the Senate in 2018.
- Current Assignments
- 2015 Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2015 Education, Business, and Administration Subcommittee, Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2015 Pensions Subcommittee, Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2015 Joint Committee on Pensions
- 2017 Workgroup on the Maryland Open Transportation Investment Decision Act
- 2019 Marijuana Legalization Workgroup
- Past Senate Service
- 21st Century School Facilities Commission, 2016-2017; Commission on Maryland Retirement Security and Savings, 2015-2016.
- Past House Service
- Minority Parliamentarian, 2015; Appropriations Committee, 2015; Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2015; Education and Economic Development Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee, 2015; Joint Committee on the Management of Public Funds, 2011-2015; Tax Credit Evaluation Committee, 2013-2015; Oversight Committee on Pensions of the Appropriations Committee, 2015; Assistant Minority Whip, 2012-2013; Deputy Minority Whip, 2011; Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2015, 2008-2009; Transportation Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2015; Revenue Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2015; Environmental Matters Committee, 2009-2011; Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation and Open Space Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2009-2011; Local Government and Bi-County Agencies Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2009-2011; Motor Vehicles and Transportation, 2009-2011; Education Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2008-2009; 2011- Chair, Washington County House Delegation, 2011-2015; Chair, Western Maryland Delegation, 2015.
- Public Service
- Objective Criteria Committee, State Retirement & Pension System Board of Trustees, 2018-; Task Force on the Maryland Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Program, 2015-2016; Board of Advisors, University System of Maryland Hagerstown, 2015-; Maryland Advisory Council for Virtual Learning, 2012-2015; Vice Chair, Washington County Delegation, 2010-2011; Tri-County Council for Western Maryland, 2008-.
- Maryland Rural Caucus, 2008-; Vice Chair, Board of Trustees, Grace Academy, Hagerstown, 2008-; Chair, Board of Trustees, Grace Academy, Hagerstown, 2005-2007; District Chair, Christian Business Men's Committee; Former Member, Board of Trustees, Maryland/Southern Delaware Chapter, Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.
- Legislative Recognition Award, Maryland Association of Counties , 2011.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Hagerstown, Maryland, March 9, 1962; North Hagerstown High School, Hagerstown, Maryland; Shippensburg University, B.S., Business Administration, 1983; College of Financial Planning, Denver, Colorado, Certified Financial Planning Designation, 1988; Pricing Analyst, Van Campen Merritt, 1984-85; Financial Advisor, Lincoln Investment Planning, 1985-90; President, Serafini Financial Services, Inc., Hagerstown, 1990-; Finance Campaign Chair for John F. Barr, President, Board of County Commissioners, Washington County, 2006; Soccer Coach, Grace Academy; Moderator, Maranatha Grace Brethren Church; Married; four children.
Last Updated: 1/24/2020 12:32 PM