2012 Regular Session
File Code: Public Safety
Click to return on the top page
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Wilson, Alston, Branch, and DeBoy
Public Safety - Restrictions on Possession of Firearms - Convicted Felons and
People With Mental Disorders
Prohibiting a person from possessing a firearm if the person has been
convicted of a felony or, under specified circumstances, suffers from
a mental disorder or has been confined to a specified facility for a
specified period of time; establishing a penalty for a violation of
the Act; prohibiting a court from suspending any part of a specified
mandatory minimum sentence; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/21 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Delegate C. T. Wilson, District 28
- Delegate Tiffany T. Alston, District 24
- Delegate Talmadge Branch, District 45
- Delegate Steven J. DeBoy, Sr., District 12A
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Courts -see also- Circuit; Appeals; District; Orphans'; etc.
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties and Sentnc; etc.
- Mental Health
- Parole and Probation
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Weapons -see also- Guns
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Public Safety
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :