Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages and Cannabis


    (a)    In this section, “performing arts theater” means an area, a building, or a structure designed and used for plays, acts, dramas, concerts, or histrionics by actors or actresses performing on a stage or the showing of movies or films.

    (b)    There is a performing arts theater beer and wine license.

    (c)    The Board may issue the license for use on the premises of a performing arts theater operated by a nonprofit organization.

    (d)    The license authorizes the holder to sell or serve beer and wine at retail for on–premises consumption.

    (e)    The license holder may sell or serve beer and wine:

        (1)    1 hour before and after a performance;

        (2)    during a performance;

        (3)    during an intermission; and

        (4)    during a reception 1 hour before or 1 hour after a performance.

    (f)    The license may not be transferred to another location.

    (g)    The license holder shall purchase beer and wine from an authorized and licensed wholesaler.

    (h)    Issuance of a license under this section does not prohibit the Board from issuing a Class C per diem license that applies to the performing arts theater.

    (i)    The license holder shall serve or offer for sale snacks at all times when beer and wine are sold.

    (j)    The annual license fee is $500.

Click to return on the top page