Article - Agriculture
(a) On or before December 31 of each year, the Department of Agriculture shall report to the Governor, and, in accordance with § 2–1257 of the State Government Article, the General Assembly, on:
(1) The farm acreage covered by nutrient management plans and the implementation and evaluation of those plans; and
(2) In consultation with the Nutrient Management Advisory Committee, the implementation of the requirements of the Water Quality Improvement Act of 1998.
(b) The report required under subsection (a)(2) of this section shall include information regarding:
(1) The level of participation in the nutrient management plan program;
(2) Additional resources that may be needed to meet the requirements of § 8–803.1 of this subtitle;
(3) The effectiveness of nutrient application education programs; and
(4) The effectiveness of the Manure Transportation Project set forth in § 8–704.2 of this title.
(c) (1) Beginning in 2020, the report required under this section shall include information on the production and use of animal manure by farm operations covered by nutrient management plans during the previous year, including:
(i) The amount of animal manure exported by farm operations to alternative use facilities or other farm operations in the State;
(ii) The amount of animal manure exported out of the State by farm operations; and
(iii) The amount of animal manure land applied by farm operations in the State and the source of that manure.
(2) The information required under this subsection shall be reported:
(i) By geographic area, including by county or local watershed; and
(ii) In a manner that protects the identity of individual farm operation.