Article - Criminal Procedure
(a) The court may order that restitution be paid to:
(1) the victim;
(2) the Maryland Department of Health, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, or any other governmental unit;
(3) a third–party payor, including:
(i) an insurer; or
(ii) any other person that has, under Part I of this subtitle:
1. compensated the victim for a property or pecuniary loss; or
2. paid an expense on behalf of a victim;
(4) any person for whom restitution is authorized by law; or
(5) a person who has provided to or for a victim goods, property, or services for which restitution is authorized under § 11–603 of this subtitle.
(b) (1) Subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection and § 11–617(b) of this subtitle, payment of restitution to the victim has priority over any payments to any other person or governmental unit.
(2) If the victim has been fully compensated for the victim’s loss by a third–party payor, the court may issue a judgment of restitution that directs the restitution obligor to pay restitution to the third–party payor.