Article - Health Occupations
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this title, an individual shall be:
(1) Licensed by the Board before the individual may practice social work in this State while representing oneself as a social worker; or
(2) Licensed as a certified social worker–clinical before the individual may practice clinical social work in this State.
(b) This section does not apply to:
(1) An individual employed by any agency of the federal government while performing the duties of that employment;
(2) An individual licensed as a social worker in another state while responding to an emergency in this State;
(3) An individual who:
(i) Is licensed to practice social work in any other state;
(ii) Has an application for a license pending before the Board; and
(iii) Meets requirements established by the Board in regulations; or
(4) A student while pursuing a supervised course of study in a social work program that is accredited or is a candidate for accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education.
(c) An individual may not practice social work without a license under subsection (b)(3) of this section for more than 6 months.