Article - Health Occupations
(a) To qualify for a license, an applicant shall be an individual who meets the requirements of this section.
(b) The applicant shall:
(1) Be of good moral character;
(2) Be at least 18 years old;
(3) Demonstrate competence in performing acupuncture by meeting one of the following standards for education or training:
(i) Graduation from at least a master’s level program or its equivalent in acupuncture that is:
1. Approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission;
2. Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; or
3. Found by the Board to be equivalent to a course approved or accredited under item 1 or 2 of this item; or
(ii) Achievement of a:
1. Diplomate in acupuncture from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; or
2. Passing score on an examination that is determined by the Board to be equivalent to the examination given by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine;
(4) Demonstrate the ability to communicate in the English language; and
(5) Meet any other qualifications that the Board establishes in regulations.