Article - Health Occupations
(a) In this section, “Fund” means the State Board of Environmental Health Specialists Fund.
(b) There is a State Board of Environmental Health Specialists Fund.
(c) (1) The Board may set reasonable fees for the issuance and renewal of licenses and its other services.
(2) The fees charged shall be set so as to approximate the cost of maintaining the Board.
(3) Funds to cover the compensation and expenses of the Board members shall be generated by fees set under this section.
(d) (1) The Board shall remit all fees collected under this title to the Comptroller.
(2) The Comptroller shall distribute the fees to the Fund.
(e) (1) The Fund shall be used to cover the actual documented direct and indirect costs of fulfilling the statutory and regulatory duties of the Board as provided under this article.
(2) The Fund is a continuing, nonlapsing fund and is not subject to § 7–302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(3) Any unspent portions of the Fund may not be transferred or revert to the General Fund of the State, but shall remain in the Fund to be used for the purposes specified in this article.
(4) No other State money may be used to support the Fund.
(f) (1) A designee of the Board shall administer the Fund.
(2) Money in the Fund may be expended only for any lawful purpose authorized under this article.
(g) The legislative auditor shall audit the accounts and transactions of the Fund as provided in § 2–1220 of the State Government Article.