Article - Local Government
(a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, an annexation resolution may be introduced in the legislative body of the municipality in accordance with:
(1) the requirements and practices applicable to its legislative enactments; and
(2) the requirements of § 4–303(a) of this title.
(b) Before an annexation resolution is introduced, the legislative body shall obtain consent from:
(1) at least 25% of the registered voters who are residents in the area to be annexed; and
(2) the owners of at least 25% of the assessed valuation of the real property in the area to be annexed.
(c) The annexation resolution:
(1) shall describe by a survey of courses and distances the exact area to be annexed;
(2) may also describe by landmarks and other well–known terms the exact area to be annexed; and
(3) shall contain a complete and detailed description of the conditions and circumstances that apply to:
(i) the change in boundaries; and
(ii) the residents and property in the area to be annexed.