Article - State Finance and Procurement
(a) The Appeals Board consists of 3 members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(b) Each member of the Appeals Board shall:
(1) be qualified to serve in a quasi-judicial capacity; and
(2) have a thorough knowledge of procurement practices and processes.
(c) Before taking office, each appointee to the Appeals Board shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(d) (1) The term of a member is 5 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Appeals Board on October 1, 1988.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(e) The Governor may remove a member of the Appeals Board for cause.