Article - Criminal Procedure
(a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Child respondent” means a person who:
(1) in a petition filed in juvenile court, is alleged to have committed a delinquent act; or
(2) has committed a delinquent act.
(c) “Delinquent act” has the meaning stated in § 3–8A–01 of the Courts Article.
(d) “MDEC system” means the system of electronic filing and case management established by the Maryland Court of Appeals.
(e) “Prosecuting attorney” means:
(1) the State’s Attorney;
(2) the State’s Attorney’s designee;
(3) when performing a prosecutorial function at the trial level, the Attorney General or the Attorney General’s designee; or
(4) the State Prosecutor or the State Prosecutor’s designee.
(f) “Victim stay–away alert technology” means a system of electronic monitoring that is capable of notifying a victim if the defendant is at or near a location from which the defendant has been ordered by the court to stay away.