Article - Education
(a) In this subtitle, “gifted and talented student” means an elementary or secondary student who is identified by professionally qualified individuals as:
(1) Having outstanding talent and performing, or showing the potential for performing, at remarkably high levels of accomplishment when compared with other students of a similar age, experience, or environment;
(2) Exhibiting high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or artistic areas;
(3) Possessing an unusual leadership capacity; or
(4) Excelling in specific academic fields.
(b) (1) Beginning with the 2022–2023 school year, a gifted and talented student in middle school, 9th grade, or 10th grade may meet the college and career readiness standard under § 7–205.1 of this article.
(2) Each local school system shall develop accelerated pathways and enrichment programs for gifted and talented students to achieve college and career readiness before the end of the 10th grade.