Article - Business Regulation
(a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Business” means a commercial entity that provides locksmith services.
(c) “Employee” means an individual employed by a licensed locksmith to provide locksmith services on behalf of the licensed locksmith.
(d) “Fixed business address” means a single physical location where a licensee conducts business and at which the licensee or an employee of the licensee is available:
(1) during normal business hours; or
(2) other hours as provided in the application for the license.
(e) “License” means a license issued by the Secretary to provide locksmith services.
(f) “Licensed locksmith” means, unless the context requires otherwise, a business that is licensed by the Secretary to provide locksmith services.
(g) “Local law enforcement unit” means the Department of State Police, a police department in the State, or sheriff in the State:
(1) designated by the county or municipal governing body for a licensee with an in–State fixed business address; or
(2) designated by the Secretary for a licensee with an out–of–state fixed business address.
(h) “Provide locksmith services” means to engage professionally and for compensation in:
(1) repairing, rebuilding, rekeying, repinning, recombinating, adjusting, or installing mechanical, electrical, or electromechanical locking devices, safes, vaults, or safe deposit boxes; or
(2) operating a mechanical, electrical, or electromechanical locking device or opening safes, vaults, or safe deposit boxes by a means other than that intended by the manufacturer of such locking devices.