Article - Courts and Judicial Proceedings
(a) (1) (i) The State Court Administrator shall determine the amount of all court costs and charges for the circuit courts of the counties with the approval of the Board of Public Works.
(ii) The fees and charges shall be uniform throughout the State.
(2) The Comptroller of the State shall require clerks of court to collect all fees required to be collected by law.
(b) The clerk may not charge the State, any county, municipality, or Baltimore City any fee provided by this subtitle, unless the State, county, municipality, or Baltimore City first gives its consent.
(c) The clerk is entitled to a reasonable fee for performing any other service that is not enumerated in this subtitle or in §§ 3–601 through 3–603 of the Real Property Article.
(d) The State Court Administrator, as part of the Administrator’s determination of the amount of court costs and charges in civil cases, shall assess a surcharge that:
(1) May not be more than $55 per case; and
(2) Shall be deposited into the Maryland Legal Services Corporation Fund established under § 11–402 of the Human Services Article.
(e) (1) In addition to the surcharge assessed under subsection (d) of this section, the State Court Administrator, as part of the Administrator’s determination of the amount of court costs and charges in civil cases, shall assess a surcharge that:
(i) 1. Except as provided in item 2 of this item, shall be $30 per case; and
2. Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, shall be $6 to reopen any civil case; and
(ii) Shall be deposited into the Circuit Court Real Property Records Improvement Fund established under § 13–602 of this article.
(2) A surcharge may not be assessed under this subsection to reopen a case brought by a petitioner under Title 4, Subtitle 5 of the Family Law Article.
(f) The State Court Administrator shall:
(1) Assess a $100 fee for the special admission of an out–of–state attorney under § 10–215 of the Business Occupations and Professions Article; and
(2) Pay $75 of the fee to the Janet L. Hoffman Loan Assistance Repayment Program established under § 18–1502 of the Education Article.
(g) If a party in a proceeding feels aggrieved by any fee permitted under this subtitle or by §§ 3–601 through 3–603 of the Real Property Article, the party may request a judge of that circuit court to determine the reasonableness of the fee.