Article - Commercial Law
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Consumer” means:
(1) The purchaser, other than for purposes of resale, of a new motor vehicle;
(2) Any person to whom a new motor vehicle is transferred during the duration of the warranty applicable to such motor vehicle; or
(3) Any other person who is entitled to enforce the obligations of the warranty.
(c) “Dealer” has the meaning provided in § 15-101(c) of the Transportation Article.
(d) “Manufacturer, factory branch, or distributor” means a person, partnership, association, corporation, or entity engaged in the business of manufacturing or assembling motor vehicles or of distributing motor vehicles to motor vehicle dealers as defined in § 15-201(b), (c), and (e) of the Transportation Article.
(e) (1) “Manufacturer’s warranty period” means the earlier of:
(i) The period of the motor vehicle’s first 18,000 miles of operation; or
(ii) 24 months following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer.
(2) This subsection does not extend any manufacturer’s express warranty.
(f) (1) “Motor vehicle” means a vehicle that is registered in this State as a:
(i) Class A (passenger) vehicle;
(ii) Class D (motorcycle) vehicle;
(iii) Class E (truck) vehicle with a 3/4 ton or less manufacturer’s rated capacity; or
(iv) Class M (multipurpose) vehicle.
(2) “Motor vehicle” does not include a motor home. For the purpose of administering this subtitle, the Motor Vehicle Administration shall promulgate a regulation defining a motor home.
(g) “Warranty” means warranties as defined in §§ 2-312, 2-313, 2-314, and 2-315 of this article.