Article - Education
(a) The Board of Community College Trustees for Baltimore County shall:
(1) Establish an orderly procedure for the classified employees of the county community colleges and their representatives to participate in the formulation of labor relations and personnel policies; and
(2) Recognize the right of classified employees to organize and bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing.
(b) The Board of Trustees shall adopt rules and regulations that specify with respect to classified employees:
(1) The manner of establishing appropriate collective bargaining units and of designating exclusive bargaining representatives;
(2) The rights of the employer, the employees, and the exclusive bargaining representative;
(3) The procedure for negotiating a collective bargaining agreement with respect to wages, hours, and working conditions and the manner for resolving any impasse;
(4) The right of the exclusive bargaining representative to a checkoff of union dues;
(5) The designation of unfair labor practices and remedies for them;
(6) The definition of a grievance and the procedure for resolving grievances, which may include binding arbitration of grievances; and
(7) Any other matter necessary to carry out the purposes of this section.
(c) This section does not authorize a strike by any classified employees.
(d) The authority granted by this section, and any procedures, decisions, actions, or agreements made under it, shall expire if a general law on collective bargaining applicable to community colleges becomes effective.