Article - Education
(a) There is a Richard W. Collins III Leadership With Honor Scholarship Program.
(b) An individual is eligible for a scholarship under this section if the individual is:
(1) Eligible for in–State tuition;
(2) A member of a Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program;
(3) A minority student or a student who is a member of another group historically underrepresented in Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs; and
(4) A student at a historically black college or university in the State.
(c) The Office shall:
(1) Award 25% of its total annual grant money to students at Bowie State University;
(2) Award 75% of its total annual grant money to students at historically black colleges and universities other than Bowie State University;
(3) Determine the amount of each award;
(4) Select the recipient of each award; and
(5) Prioritize students with financial need in selecting recipients of each award.
(d) The Governor shall include in the State budget an annual appropriation of at least $1,000,000 to the Program.
(e) The Office shall adopt procedures or regulations necessary to implement this section.