Article - Education
(a) (1) There shall be two nonvoting student members on the Talbot County Board of Education.
(2) The student members shall advise the other members of the county board on the viewpoint of students who attend Talbot County public schools.
(b) (1) Each of the nonvoting student members of the county board shall be:
(i) A regularly enrolled 11th or 12th grade student in good standing at a Talbot County public school;
(ii) Qualified according to eligibility requirements established by the county board; and
(iii) Of good character.
(2) Each student member shall be appointed for a 1–year term during the school year prior to the school year that the member is to serve on the county board.
(3) One student member shall be a student from St. Michaels High School and one student member shall be a student from Easton High School.
(4) The county board shall adopt procedures for the appointment of the student members.
(5) If a vacancy in the position of student member occurs during the term of a student member, the county board shall appoint another student member to fill the vacancy in accordance with its procedures.
(6) Unless invited to attend by an affirmative vote of a majority of the county board, the student members may not attend an executive session of the county board.