Article - Education
(a) The student member shall:
(1) Be an 11th or a 12th grade student in the Baltimore County public school system elected by the middle school and high school students of the county in accordance with procedures established by the Baltimore County student councils;
(2) Serve for 1 year; and
(3) Advise the county board on the thoughts and feelings of students.
(b) Unless invited to attend by an affirmative vote of a majority of the county board, the student member may not attend an executive session that relates to:
(1) Hearings on appeals of special education placements;
(2) Hearings held under § 6–202(a) of this article; or
(3) Collective bargaining.
(c) Subject to subsection (d) of this section, the student member may vote on all matters except those relating to:
(1) § 6–202(a) of this article;
(2) Collective bargaining;
(3) Capital and operating budgets; and
(4) School closings, reopenings, and boundaries.
(d) On a majority vote of the nonstudent members, the county board may determine, on a case–by–case basis, whether a matter under consideration is covered by the exclusionary provisions listed in subsection (c) of this section.