Article - Education
(a) At the first meeting of the county board in December of each year, the county board shall elect a chair and vice chair from among the members.
(b) (1) Except for the actions authorized by subsection (c) of this section, all actions of the county board shall be taken at a public meeting and a record of the meeting and all actions shall be made public.
(2) (i) Any action of the county board shall be recorded by a voice vote or a roll call vote of each individual member of the county board who is present at the public meeting.
(ii) The county board shall:
1. Keep a formal record of each public meeting; and
2. Make the record available for review by members of the public on request.
(3) (i) Any final action of the county board shall be made publicly available on the county board’s website within 72 hours of the time the action was taken.
(ii) On the county board’s website, each action shall include:
1. A full and accurate description of the action to inform the public of the motion or question; and
2. A link or reference to the related video recording of the county board meeting, if available.
(c) The county board may take actions in a closed session in accordance with § 3–305 of the General Provisions Article.