Article - Environment
(a) In this part the following words have the meanings indicated.
(a–1) “Electric relay” means a product or device that opens or closes electrical contacts to effect the operation of other devices in the same or another electrical circuit.
(a–2) “Electric switch” means a product or device that opens or closes an electrical circuit.
(a–3) “Gas valve switch” means a product or device that opens or closes a gas valve.
(b) “Manufacturer” means a person that:
(1) Produces a product;
(2) For a multicomponent product, produces or assembles the final product; or
(3) Serves as an importer or domestic distributor of a product produced outside of the United States.
(c) “Marketer” means a person that manufactures, assembles, sells, distributes, affixes a brand name or private label to, or licenses the use of a brand name on:
(1) A fever thermometer containing mercury;
(2) A thermostat containing mercury;
(3) An electric switch containing mercury or a product component with an electric switch containing mercury;
(4) An electric relay containing mercury or a product component with an electric relay containing mercury; or
(5) A gas valve switch containing mercury or a product component with a gas valve switch containing mercury.
(d) “Mercury–added product” means any of the following products if containing elemental mercury or a mercury compound that has been added to the product for any reason:
(1) Dyes or pigments; and
(2) Fluorescent lamps.
(e) “Motor vehicle” has the meaning stated in § 11–135 of the Transportation Article.
(f) “Reclamation facility” means a site:
(1) Where equipment is used to recapture mercury from mercury–added fluorescent lamps for the purpose of recycling or reusing the mercury; or
(2) That collects mercury–containing components from mercury–added fluorescent lamps for the eventual recapture and recycling or reuse of the mercury.
(g) “Thermostat” means a device that regulates temperature in an enclosed area by controlling heating, cooling, or ventilation equipment.