Article - Financial Institutions
(a) (1) To apply for a license, an applicant shall:
(i) Complete, sign, and submit to the Commissioner an application made under oath in the form, and in accordance with the process, that the Commissioner requires; and
(ii) Provide all information that the Commissioner requests.
(2) The applicant shall comply with all conditions and provisions of the application for licensure and be issued a license before acting as a mortgage lender at a particular location.
(b) With each application, the applicant shall pay to the Commissioner the following fees:
(1) A nonrefundable investigation fee set by the Commissioner; and
(2) A nonrefundable license fee set by the Commissioner.
(c) In addition to the license fee required under subsection (b)(2) of this section, an applicant for an initial license shall pay to the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry any fees that the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry imposes in connection with the application.
(d) For each license for which an applicant applies, the applicant shall:
(1) Submit a separate application;
(2) Pay a separate nonrefundable license fee;
(3) Pay any application processing fee or other fees that the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry imposes in connection with the application;
(4) If applicable, pay the surcharge; and
(5) File a separate surety bond or other financial guaranty under § 11–508 of this subtitle.
(e) In addition to any sanctions that may be imposed under this subtitle by the Commissioner, a nonrefundable surcharge of $500 shall be paid with an application if the applicant has begun acting as a mortgage lender without a license at the location for which an application is filed.
(f) A person who knowingly makes a false statement under oath on an application filed with the Commissioner under this section is guilty of perjury and on conviction is subject to the penalties of § 9–101 of the Criminal Law Article.