Article - Family Law
(a) A minor who is 17 years old may file a petition in the minor’s own name for authorization to marry in the circuit court for the county in which the minor resides.
(b) A petition for authorization to marry shall contain the following:
(1) the petitioner’s full name, gender, date of birth, and address, including the length of time the petitioner has resided at the address;
(2) the intended spouse’s full name, gender, date of birth, and address, including the length of time the intended spouse has resided at the address;
(3) a statement explaining how the parties met and how long they have known each other;
(4) a copy of any criminal records concerning either party and a copy of any peace order or protective order issued against either party;
(5) evidence that the minor is mature and capable of self–sufficiency and self–support independent of the minor’s parents, guardian, legal custodian, or intended spouse; and
(6) the name and last known address of each living parent, guardian, or legal custodian of the petitioner.