Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Family Law


    (a)    A child who is 16 years old or older and who is subject to a custody order or decree may file a petition to change custody.

    (b)    A petitioner under this section may file the proceeding in the petitioner’s own name and need not proceed by guardian or next friend.

    (c)    Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, if a petitioner under this section petitions a court to amend a custody order or decree, the court:

        (1)    shall hold a hearing; and

        (2)    may amend the order or decree and place the child in the custody of the parent designated by the child.

Click to return on the top page