Article - Health - General
(a) (1) The Commission consists of 7 members appointed by the Governor.
(2) Of the 7 members, 4 shall be individuals who do not have any connection with the management or policy of any facility.
(b) Each member shall be interested in problems of health care.
(c) (1) The term of a member is 4 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Commission on July 1, 1982. The terms of those members end as follows:
(i) 2 in 1983;
(ii) 1 in 1984;
(iii) 2 in 1985; and
(iv) 2 in 1986.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(5) A member who serves 2 consecutive full 4-year terms may not be reappointed for 4 years after completion of those terms.
(6) When appointing a member to fill a vacancy due to the expiration of a member’s term, the Governor shall give consideration to, and make appointments when appropriate, that would promote the racial, gender, and geographic diversity of the Commission.