Article - Health - General
§19–2106. IN EFFECT
// EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30, 2025 PER CHAPTER 368 OF 2014 //
(a) (1) A majority of the full authorized membership of the Commission is a quorum.
(2) The decision of the Commission shall be by a majority of the quorum present and voting.
(b) The Commission shall meet at least six times a year, at the times and places that it determines.
(c) A member of the Commission is entitled to:
(1) Compensation in accordance with the State budget; and
(2) Reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.
(d) (1) The Commission may employ a staff in accordance with the State budget.
(2) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, shall determine the appropriate job classifications and grades for all staff.
(3) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, may set the compensation of a Commission employee in a position that:
(i) Is unique to the Commission;
(ii) Requires specific skills or experience to perform the duties of the position; and
(iii) Does not require the employee to perform functions that are comparable to functions performed in other units of the Executive Branch of State government.
(4) The Secretary of Budget and Management, in consultation with the Commission, shall determine the positions for which the Commission may set compensation under paragraph (3) of this subsection.