Article - Health Occupations
(a) A majority of the appointed members serving on the Board is a quorum.
(b) In addition to the other meeting requirements of this title, the Board shall meet:
(1) At the request of the Secretary; or
(2) If necessary to transact its business.
(c) In accordance with the State budget, each member of the Board is entitled to:
(1) Compensation, at a rate determined by the Board, for each day on which the member is engaged in the duties of the member’s office; and
(2) Reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations.
(d) The Board may:
(1) Employ a staff in accordance with the State budget;
(2) Define the duties of its staff; and
(i) An executive director who shall be a registered nurse with a minimum of a master’s degree in nursing or the equivalent, in the judgment of the Board, in professional education and administrative experience; and
(ii) A deputy director who shall assume the duties and authority of the executive director in the absence of the executive director.