Article - Housing and Community Development
(a) The Department shall:
(1) administer the Program;
(2) adopt policies to ensure that rental housing is made available to households of limited income;
(3) develop procedures to ensure that the projects receiving financial assistance from the Program are in compliance with applicable occupancy restrictions;
(4) use federal and State programs to help carry out the Program; and
(5) encourage the assistance or participation of local political subdivisions.
(b) The Secretary shall set income guidelines by considering:
(1) the median income for the area;
(2) the minimum income needed to afford available standard rental units in the area;
(3) federal income guidelines, including the requirements of the Federal Low–Income Housing Tax Credit Program; and
(4) any other relevant factor.
(c) In administering the Program under this subtitle, the Department may act either directly or through the Administration.
(d) The Department shall provide written notice and a reasonable opportunity to comment to the chief executive officer or the equivalent officer and the head or president of the legislative body of the political subdivision in which a proposed project is located.
(e) If the proposed project is located in a municipal corporation, the notice required under subsection (d) of this section shall be sent to the chief executive officer and head or president of the municipal corporation and not to the county.