Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Housing and Community Development


    (a)    In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.

    (b)    “Assisted household” means one or more individuals who occupy a rental unit in an assisted project.

    (c)    “Assisted project” means a property that qualifies under § 7–105 of this subtitle.

    (d)    “Assisted unit” means a dwelling unit that is in an assisted project and is subject to regulatory requirements regarding:

        (1)    the rent the owner may charge; or

        (2)    the maximum annual income of the household occupying the unit.

    (e)    “Designated household” means a household that qualifies under § 7–213 of this title.

    (f)    “Notice of intent” means a notice of intent to take a protected action in accordance with Subtitle 2 of this title.

    (g)    “Owner” means a person who holds legal title to an assisted project or any mortgagee in possession, receiver, trustee, or other person that may take a protected action.

    (h)    “Owner’s offer” means the written offer made by the owner to parties having a right of first purchase under § 7–204 of this title.

    (i)    (1)    “Project–based § 8 rental assistance” means federal rental assistance under § 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937, 42 U.S.C. § 1437f, to the owner or lender of a housing project under a new construction program, a substantial rehabilitation program, a loan management assistance program, or a property disposition program.

        (2)    “Project–based § 8 rental assistance” does not include rental assistance made directly to a tenant under existing certificate or voucher programs.

    (j)    “Protected action” means a sale, conveyance, transfer, prepayment, termination, failure to renew, or expiration under § 7–102(a) of this subtitle.

    (k)    “Relocation expenses” means costs incurred to:

        (1)    hire contractors, labor, vehicles, or equipment to transport personal property;

        (2)    pack and unpack personal property;

        (3)    disconnect and reconnect utilities, such as water, telephone, gas, or electric, and to perform related services;

        (4)    disconnect and install personal property;

        (5)    insure personal property to be moved;

        (6)    pay rental application fees and make security deposits; and

        (7)    pay other costs that the Secretary determines are reasonable.

    (l)    “Tenant protection assistance” means payments to, and extensions of leases for, the occupant or former occupant of an assisted unit in connection with a protected action as required under § 7–212 of this title.

Click to return on the top page