Article - Human Services
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “FIP” means the Family Investment Program.
(c) “Nonprofit organization” means a religious, charitable, or volunteer organization that is exempt from taxation under § 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(d) “Recipient” means each individual in a FIP case.
(e) “Temporary cash assistance” means the cash assistance component of the FIP that is funded wholly or partly through Title IV, Part A, of the Social Security Act.
(f) “Third party payee” means:
(1) an individual that the Department approves;
(2) a nonprofit organization;
(3) a for-profit organization; or
(4) a governmental unit, including a local department.
(g) “Transitional assistance” means assistance provided to a recipient whose temporary cash assistance has been terminated for noncompliance with FIP requirements.
(h) “Work activity” means:
(1) job search activity;
(2) subsidized employment in either the public or private sector;
(3) work experience;
(4) on-the-job training;
(5) community service;
(6) training directly related to employment; or
(7) education directly related to employment.