Article - Labor and Employment
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) (1) “Employee” means an individual who works for an employer for an hourly or salaried wage or in a managerial and supervisory capacity.
(2) “Employee” does not include individuals who work less than an average of 20 hours per week or have worked for an employer for less than 6 months in the immediately preceding 12 months.
(c) (1) “Employer” means any person, corporation, or other entity that employs at least 50 employees and operates an industrial, commercial, or business enterprise in the State.
(2) “Employer” does not include the State or its political subdivisions or any employer who has been doing business in the State less than 1 year.
(d) “Reduction in operations” includes:
(1) the relocation of a part of an employer’s operation from 1 workplace to another existing or proposed site; or
(2) the shutting down of a workplace or a portion of the operations of a workplace that reduces the number of employees by at least 25 percent or 15 employees, whichever is greater, over any 3–month period.
(e) (1) “Workplace” includes a factory, plant, office or other facility where employees produce goods or provide services.
(2) “Workplace” does not include a construction site or other temporary workplace.