Article - Transportation
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Equipment” includes all mechanisms that form part of or relate to vehicle equipment.
(c) “Hazardous materials inspector” means a person who is assigned by the Department of the Environment and certified by the Department of State Police to perform an inspection authorized under this subtitle.
(d) “Preventive maintenance technician” means a person who can provide evidence of a demonstrated understanding of the preventive maintenance inspection criteria provided in regulations adopted under this subtitle through:
(1) A minimum of 1 year experience in performing work to bring commercial motor vehicles into compliance with the requirements of the preventive maintenance program; or
(2) Participation in, and successful completion of, a commercial motor vehicle training program that is:
(i) Sponsored by a commercial motor vehicle manufacturer; or
(ii) Designed to train students in commercial motor vehicle operation and maintenance.
(e) “Public Service Commission inspector” means a person who is assigned by the Public Service Commission and certified by the Department of State Police to perform an inspection authorized under this subtitle.
(f) “State Police officer” means:
(1) Any uniformed law enforcement officer of the Department of State Police; or
(2) Any civilian employee of the Department of State Police assigned to enforce any rule or regulation adopted under this subtitle, but only while acting under written authorization of the Secretary of State Police.
(g) (1) “Vehicle” means, except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, any vehicle registered in this State as:
(i) A Class E (truck) vehicle with a registered, operating, or rated gross vehicle weight of over 10,000 pounds;
(ii) A Class F (tractor) vehicle;
(iii) A Class G (trailer or semitrailer) vehicle with a registered, operating, or rated gross vehicle weight over 10,000 pounds;
(iv) A Class P (passenger bus) vehicle; or
(v) A Class M (multipurpose) vehicle that:
1. Is used primarily to transport passengers; and
2. A. Is designed to transport 16 passengers or more, including the driver; or
B. Was previously registered under § 13–932 or § 13–933 of this article.
(2) “Vehicle” does not include:
(i) A farm truck as defined in § 13–921 of this article;
(ii) A farm truck tractor as defined in § 13–924 of this article; or
(iii) A Class K (farm area) vehicle.