Passed BothConf. Cmte
- Criminal Procedure - Cell Site Simulator Technology
- Sponsored by
- Delegates Sydnor, Grammer, and Conaway
- In the Senate - Hearing 3/21 at 12:00 p.m.
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Revised)
Authorizing a court to issue an order authorizing or directing a law enforcement officer to use a cell site simulator after making a certain determination; limiting to 30 days or less the time period during which a cell site simulator may be used or location information may be obtained under the authority of a certain order; requiring cell site simulator use by law enforcement to begin 10 days after issuance of an order; providing that evidence obtained in violation of the Act is subject to the exclusionary rule, as judicially determined; etc.
- Judiciary Click to view Recorded Media
Bill File Type: Pre-Filed
Effective Date(s): October 1, 2019
HistoryToggle History Dropdown
File CodeToggle Filecode Dropdown
SubjectsToggle Subjects Dropdown
StatutesToggle Statutes Dropdown
( 1-203.1 )
Last Updated: 2/3/2020 2:29 PM