Delegate Jay Walker
- Prince George's
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
207 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll-free in MD
- 207 House Office Building
- Interim Info
10905 Fort Washington Road
Ft. Washington, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3581 | 301-858-3581
- 10905 Fort Washington Road
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2006. Member of the House since 2007.
- Current Assignments
- 2007- Ways and Means Committee
- 2015 Chair, Revenues Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee (Member 2011)
- 2013- Vice Chair, Rules and Executive Nominations Committee
- 2013- Joint Committee on Gaming Oversight
- 2015 House Chair, Tax Credit Evaluation Committee
- 2007- Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc.
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- 2015 Chair, Prince George's County House Delegation
- Past House Service
- Vice Chair's Subcommittee of the Ways & Means Committee, 2015-2017; Education Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2014, 2007-2008; Revenues Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2011-2013; Election Law Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2009-2010; Finance Resources Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2007-2010.
- Public Service
- Maryland Economic and Business Climate Commission, 2016; Workgroup to Study the Feasibility of Building a Multi-Sport Stadium, 2014-; Chair, County Affairs Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2012-; Chair, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2012-; Vice Chair, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2011-2012; Task Force to Study the Creation of a Maryland Center for School Safety, 2011-; Task Force to Study High-School Dropout Rates of Persons in the Criminal Justice System, 2011-; Attorney General's Advisory Committee on Campaign Finance, 2010-2011; Treasurer, Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland, Inc., 2010-2011; Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2008-2010; Board of Directors, Economic Development Corporation, Prince George's County, 2009-; Task Force on the Establishment of Vocational and Technical Education High School Academies in Prince George's County, 2007-2009; Task Force on Student Physical Fitness in Maryland Public Schools, 2008; Task Force to Study Thoroughbred Horse Racing at Rosecroft Raceway, 2008; Vice Chair, County Affairs Committee, Prince George's County Delegation, 2007-2008.
- Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee, 2002-2006; Prince George's Black Chamber of Commerce; Coalition of Concerned Black Christian Men; Tantallon North Area Civic Association; Sheldon D. Redden 139, Prince Hall Free Masons.
- Howard University Athletics Hall of Fame , 2005.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Los Angeles, California, January 24, 1972; University High School, Los Angeles; Howard University, B.A., Political Science, 1994; Former National Football League Quarterback (New England Patriots, 1994; Barcelona Dragons, 1995; Minnesota Vikings, 1996-97); Founder, Sky Walker Flight School 1998-2008; President, Walker Financial Services 2002-2012; Sports Announcer, ESPN, 2006 - Present; Married, Three children.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:29 PM